Hi loves! Easter is coming up and I can’t wait to celebrate! I love Spring and am so glad the holiday is in April this year! I am sharing my favorite updo- a braid wrapped high bun that is so easy to do and can be casual or dressy. I have long hair but if you have short or just want extra volume- you can add extensions or a donut bun maker. The denim jacket I’m wearing is from f21 last year- it was under $30! Let me know if you plan to wear this updo to any upcoming events!
xoxo Marina Joy
Denim Jacket: Forever 21 |Denim Choker: Similar Forever 21
Braid Wrapped Hair Bun Supplies:
- Step 1 / Begin by brushing half of your hair up into a ponytail and tie it off with a hair band. Then add the remaining hair to the ponytail to give more volume.
- Step 2 / Grab the hair bun and place it underneath the ponytail.
- Step 3 / Slide bobby pins around the edges of the bun to pin it against the head.
- Step 4 / Combine all the hair together at the base, twisting it together and pin it underneath the bun with spin pins.
- Step 5 / Next combine all the hair from the ponytail. Leave a piece out and braid it into a regular three strand braid.
- Step 6 / Go back over the braid and pull on the edges to make it wider.
- Step 7 / Wrap the braid over the top of the head, in front of the bun, and pin down the ends making sure to hide them underneath the bun.
- Step 8 / Spray any flyaways with hairspray and smooth them down with a comb.